Monday, November 15, 2010

A Cataclysmic Beginning to a Cataclysmic... Beginning

So patch 4.0.1 for Blizzard's World of Warcraft has been out for a while now (since before Halloween I believe), and it's received a lot of mixed reviews. The new resource mechanics for several of the classes (especially hunters!) had a lot of people scrambling to figure out their new rotations. Personally, I just gave up on my hunter until Cataclysm: when the expansion hits the shelves on December 7th, I'm just gonna make a Worgen, but that's not important. Today I want to look at how the world is slowly changing as C-Day slowly draws nearer.
   Elemental invasion, you say?! Well sound the call to arms!  
   If any of you have been on recently, you've surely noticed the quests appearing in Orgrimmar and Stormwind. I'm going to try to summarize what's happened so far, as of November 15th. Now keep in mind that I play a Horde character, so that's the point of view this is coming from. I've heard the Alliance version is very similar. So the Twilight's Hammer Clan, or Cult as they've become, have begun to work under Cho'gall; (whom some of you may remember from Warcraft 2) to prepare the way for Deathwing by destroying Orgrimmar (and Stormwind). To that end, they've begun to infiltrate the population, and are preparing ritual sites throughout the city, from which to launch an elemental invasion. Garrosh Hellscream, now acting Warchief of the Horde, has had the military (who ask for the players' help) heavily increase security (in one quest, you are tasked with patting down civilians who attempt to enter the city). Eventually after infiltrating the Cult, earning their trust, and learning the ritual with which they will summon the elementals, you are tasked with destroying each site, and that's as far as the story has progressed up to this point. Oh, and on a side-note, Thrall has traveled to Outland to join the Earthen Ring, leaving the Horde under Garrosh's command (hooray for a return to a militaristic Horde!).
   I will try to update the blog as more quests are added: WoW and Cataclysm will probably become my main priority for a while, though I am pretty engrossed in a book that I'd like to review when I'm finished with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment